Wow! It’s the end of Week 9! Only one more week until the 2 week break.
Congratulations to Amaroo for winning the HCSPS Sports Day Shield. A special shout out to the Sports Day Captains for their efforts in leading their teams.
Well done to all the participants for their attitude a
nd effort on Sports Day. Thank you to the families who came along and supported the students.
5/6 Class Excursion
On Thursday 21/09/2022 the year 5/6 class went on an excursion to the Maritime Museum at Port Adelaide. Located in Port Adelaide, the South Australian Maritime Museum preserves, explores and celebrates the human history of our oceans and rivers.
Kytons Winter Warmer Fundraiser
Thank you to those who have purchased baked goods through our Winter Warmer fundraiser. The ordered goods will be delivered on Wednesday 28/09/2022, just in time for the school holidays.
NAPLAN reports will be sent home next week for the year 3 and 5 students who sat the test.
Three documents will be sent home.
- Student Report (multi-coloured report) which explains how to read the report, and shows your child’s performance against other students in the same year level at a national level.
- The Standard of Education Achievement (SEA) which outlines the SA Department proficiency standard for reading and numeracy. Year 3 students are expected to achieve Band 3 or better and Year 5s Band 5 or better. (National Minimum Standard is Band 2 for Year 3 and Band 4 for Year 5)
- A blue summary report. Please note that progress for Year 5s from Year 3 is not indicated since NAPLAN did not occur in 2020 due to COVID.
Please note, the test score is a snapshot in time and a range of other data is used to assess the student’s capabilities. Please do not hesitate to speak with your child’s teacher if you are concerned about their performance.
Early Dismissal Friday 30/09/2022
We will be finishing school at 2:10pm next Friday for the school holidays.
If you know of anyone who has a preschool or school age child and is looking for a school please encourage them to book a tour with either Vicki or myself.
DfE are introducing a mid-year intake into preschool. This means that from 2023 children who turn 4 years old:
- Before 1 May are eligible to start preschool at the beginning of the year.
- On 1 May to 31 October can commence preschool through the mid-year intake at the start of term 3 of that year.
Children who turn 4 years after 31 October will be eligible to commence preschool at the start of the following year.
School Closure Day
We will be having a Student Free Day on Friday 2nd December 2022 after our End of Year Concert.
Enjoy the weekend